Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Smile Spreader



  • This man is 78 years old and he still works for a living. 
  • In spite of that, there is never a bitter moment around him.
  • He is almost toothless but his smile is perfect.
  • He always sports a smile and you can’t help but smile back at him, even when you’re having a really bad day.
  • No matter what you say to him, he always has a funny retort. There was this time when I asked him, “What’s in your pocket?” and he said, “my girlfriend’s letter, don’t tell my wife”.
  • He walks with a stoop but he always opens doors for the ladies.
  • He plays pranks on the aunties on the floor. In spite of that, they all pamper him.
  • He has nicknames for everyone. He calls me Mona Lisa. And tells me I must smile more often.
  • He reminds me to comb my hair.
  • He is one of those people who make you want to believe the world is good.
  • He told me today was his last day at work today.
Goodbye, Pachek. I’ll miss you.

No comments: