Saturday, September 25, 2010

First Impressions


After dreaming about it for a long time, watching it on endless Karan Johar movies and contemplating for the last six months, I’m finally here!!! I’m in Switzerland! I’m not on vacation as I’m here on a conference but it sure doesn’t feel like it. Just landed here this morning. I’m supposed to be jetlagged but I don’t think I can sleep. I’m so excited!

Some random thoughts:

  • I had my first vision of snow (yeah, I’ve never seen snow before)I could see the snow on the Alps today but it’s still so far away. I will be going there soon, in about a week’s time. I can’t wait!
  • The weather here is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Anywhere you look, there’s a beautiful picture-perfect, postcard-view! That reminds me, I need to buy a few (postcards , not views)
  • My room in the hotel overlooks the Lake Lugano and It’s amazing to sit out and watch. I could do this for hours.
  • I can actually wear my Harvard Sweatshirt without having to take it off in a minute because I’m feeling hot.
  • I have been here for one whole day and I haven’t had a bead of perspiration.
  • There is SOOOO much time on my hands. Maybe I’m jetlagged and that’s why I can’t sleep too much but works for me.
  • The people here are so beautiful. The men are total eye candy. Even the women are so hot, even if I say so.
  • The dogs here are incredibly cute and there are so many of them. It seems like they are allowed anywhere, even on buses and in departmental stores!
  • The birds are fat, Trust me, a sparrow is twice the size of any sparrow I’ve seen.
  • The cheese is great and is present in every possible food you decide to eat. Actually, so is meat. I guess a vegetarian could live just on the cheese. But I wonder how the people here stay so fit.
  • There was a marathon here today. Felt good that I was watching instead of running it. J I guess I just answered my own question (on how people stay fit). People are actually running in sweatshirts! After running in Singapore, where I cant imagine running in anything but shorts and singlets, it’s amazing to think you can actually run and not feel hot in sweatshirts.


I will post pictures soon, just not today. I’ll be here for some time even after the conference is over. I hope I do get time to blog and share a little :)


1 comment:

shub said...

:D :D
Swiss men == Eye candy. But we knew that, didn't we? ;)

Haha, the way you said the dogs here are so cute and the birds are so fat in almost the same breath cracked me up :D

Keep the posts coming.