Thursday, December 31, 2009

ADIOS 2009

Its that time of the year again. Its time to hear the Christmas carols in the air and to eagerly wait for the New Year’s Eve. Personally, I am not much of a party animal but I still can’t help get all excited around this time of the year. For me, a brand new year means time to reflect back on the year that was, new beginnings, new resolutions to start the year with, the resolutions to be a better person, do more things with life and to start over.
2009 was mostly a good year for me. I have finally embarked on a new journey.  I went back to school again. After years of pursuing this idea, I finally got a scholarship and joined a program. The last six months have been a bittersweet experience. First of all, when you realize that all the people around you are so much younger, it does make you feel a little out of place. More on than in another post, but as of now I’ve finally done it. In 2009.
I ran my first marathon this year. Running has been a passion since a long time. Running a marathon was on my” to-do-before I’m 30”-list. After 2 years of living in a running –crazy nation, I finally ran the marathon and finished it. I am proud. In spite of the many runs I have participated in this year, the marathon has been my proudest.
Finally, I did start my blog too. After years of contemplating whether to blog or not, this year I finally took the plunge. Thanks to a bunch of my friends who made so many genuine friends through their blog and shared their stories, I decided to go for it too.  I hope I make some good friends too.
2009, with sadness I bid thee goodbye. With anticipation and hope, I welcome ye too, 2010. May you bring happiness and contentment.

No comments: